The Paw Print

It’s not just a sport

Vince Purcell, Reporter

Ryan Scott, baseball player, friend to many and a very caring person to all. Ryan has been playing baseball for the majority of his life and he has been better than the average player. He has been to camps and practices where only the top have gone. He is currently is a freshman and is playing on the varsity baseball team. He loves the game of baseball and has spent the his life bettering his game to try and make it big. It’s not just a sport for Ryan, its a passion.

Ryan came into the high school knowing baseball was what he wanted to play, He is very grateful and honored that he is getting the opportunity to play with older and more skilled players. Ryan has the skill and the drive to stick with the older guys and maybe pass them. Ryan has never been someone to back down from a challenge, some my think he isn’t ready or good enough to play on varsity but if your like me you know the truth.

“It’s an honor to be on varsity and, I am very grateful, its always challenging to play with older kids but it only makes me better.” 

Ryan like most people have goals to complete in life and has someone to help them through every step sacrificing money and time getting him everything he needs to be successful.

“My dad has really inspired me and has helped me to do my best, my main goal is to get college paid for.”

How does one handle all the pressure of being one of the youngest on the team. It takes someone who is tough mentally and someone who can take pressure and use it to fuel them up for the fight. Someone who can make the best of what they are dealt.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel nervous or pressured, but I look past it and do my best to help out the team. Before a game i listen to music to get my mind right to get ready to compete.”

Ryan is a great baseball player and has skills that some kids dream to have. He is very humble and respects the game and the people who play. He is a great player on and off the field and has the potential to do a lot of great things.

“Anything is possible if I continue on the path I am on,” Ryan said.  “I see baseball in my future for a long time to come.” 

Vince Purcell, Reporter

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Sport: Hockey and Baseball

Favorite Movie: Talladega Nights

Favorite Food: Cheeseburgers

Favorite Subject:...

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Story of Texas State Swimming Record Holder

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Do Cross Me Again

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Congrats to our Top Ten Seniors

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Starting Off Strong

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Second year of FFA and BIG things are happening here

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Multicultural Day, April 23, 2018, provides educational opportunity

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Mural completed at The Colony Recreation Center

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Shattered Dreams – presented to juniors, seniors (slideshow)

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Earth Week Dress Up Schedule

• It’s not just a sport

Top Stories

Softball slideshow from March 6 games

The school news site of The Colony High School
It’s not just a sport