The Paw Print

All or nothing

Abdullah Boutari, Reporter

Victor Esquivel, one of three captains for our high school soccer team. He is currently also playing for a D1 youth soccer team, one of the best in North Texas. Victor started playing soccer when he was only three years old and doesn’t plan and stopping. He is currently a freshman and is playing soccer almost seven days a week! He travels across the country playing in major tournaments in front of different college coaches.

Victor does plan on pursuing his dream on playing soccer profesionaly. He wants to grow up and be like Lionel Messi, his all time favorite soccer player. Many people say Victor has a lot of potentiol to get there one day. His sisters, Alexa and Jocelyn, both inspire him to continue playing. Victor was born in California but later moved to Texas not too long after being born.

“I want to make my parents proud with grades and soccer,” said Victor.

Yes, he does focus a lot on improving his game but Victor also works hard in school, too. He believes that academic work is just as important. Not making mistakes is very important to him while playing. He’s always trying to perfect his play style in every way possible.If he didn’t play soccer he believes he’d be playing football. However, he would be the kicker. Which shows how much he loves the sport of soccer, something like that reminds him of it. Fc Barcelona, Victor’s favorite soccer team is one of the best out there. He loves to watch how they play and work together and later take that on to the field when he’s playing.

“I hope to become a professional soccer player and a hero to many kids,” said Victor.

He wants to be able to be looked at like how Messi’s looked at, very humble and loving to all.Although, soccer is a very challenging and tough sport, after all these years Victor has never felt like giving up. He’s strived to get better and better every day. He knows that if he works hard enough it’ll pay off. His dream will become a reality.Recovering from injuries, going through many problems, and facing many challenges and Victor still hasn’t given up. He’s not ever going to. Anyone who has seen him play knows that there’s potential in him. Look out for him in the near future.

“I don’t plan on quitting and I never have,” said Victor. 

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Story of Texas State Swimming Record Holder

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Do Cross Me Again

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Congrats to our Top Ten Seniors

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Starting Off Strong

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Second year of FFA and BIG things are happening here

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Multicultural Day, April 23, 2018, provides educational opportunity

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Mural completed at The Colony Recreation Center

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Shattered Dreams – presented to juniors, seniors (slideshow)

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Earth Week Dress Up Schedule

• All or nothing

Top Stories

Softball slideshow from March 6 games

The school news site of The Colony High School
All or nothing