The Paw Print

Story of Texas State Swimming Record Holder

More to achieve in future

Rehan Ali, Reporter

It’s not easy to leave a place where you have grown, found your talent and bonded with amazing friends.

Emma Garfield is about to start a next phase in her life. Her high school journey was exciting and filled with memories. She didn’t realize how time passed so fast and her senior year is almost over.

“High school was a fun experience filled with lots of memories,” Garfield said. “Football games, school events, pep rallies, friends and family have been a great part of this experience”

Garfield put in a lot of effort to be part of this school. She was actively involved in extra co curricular activities, different clubs and represented this high school in various Swim Meets and in State Championship.

“It’s been a pleasure to represent my high school wherever I could, ” said Garfield. “I look this as an opportunity for giving back to my high school for helping me be a good human being. I tried to do my best.”

Garfield has been involved in swimming for a long time. She discovered her talent when she was 10 years old. Since then, she has been putting a lot of effort to improve her skills

“I have been part of swimming competition for over 11 years now, ” said Garfield. “I have been swimming for my club, middle school and high school team.”

Swimming has been a very important part of Garfield’s life. She has found peace in swimming, relief in the water. She has made some of her best memories with her teammates and coaches. Garfield has broken multiple records over the course. Her coach has always pushed her to work harder.

“This year I was able to break the 5A State Girls 100 meter breaststroke by 0.5 seconds,” said Garfield. “One top of that I have broken State records at the ages 10, 12 and 14 in the 100, 200 and 400 meters breaststroke. ”

Garfield owes a lot of her success to her parents for influencing her to stay  strong and for being supportive throughout her journey.

“My mother has been the most influential person in my life,” said Garfield. “She and my dad taught me never to give up, especially for something that you have worked really hard”

Garfield plans to attend college at University of Arkansas to study nursing in the fall. She is excited to begin a new chapter in her life. She hopes that this will bring the best in her and prepares her for  professional life ahead. She will always remember the times at this high school.

“I will always be proud to be a Colony Cougar.”

• Story of Texas State Swimming Record Holder

Top Stories

Do Cross Me Again

Top Stories

Congrats to our Top Ten Seniors

Top Stories

Starting Off Strong

Top Stories

Second year of FFA and BIG things are happening here

Top Stories

Multicultural Day, April 23, 2018, provides educational opportunity

Top Stories

Mural completed at The Colony Recreation Center

Top Stories

Shattered Dreams – presented to juniors, seniors (slideshow)

Top Stories

Earth Week Dress Up Schedule

Top Stories

Softball slideshow from March 6 games

Top Stories

TATC’s The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time won the Zone Contest, March5

The school news site of The Colony High School